How to apply for a visitor visa to Canada?
Visitor VISA is to visit outside the country. A Visitor visa is an official document placed in your passport that gives to Canadian authorities that you want to meet the requirements for admission into Canada as a visitor, student or worker.
Canada is known for the world’s majestic natural wonders. Canada allows more than 2.5 million visitors from different countries. It would help if you had a Visa to come and visit Canada as a tourist.
Requirements for VISA;
To apply for Canada Visitor VISA, you have the following requirement;
- valid document (passport)
- Good health
- The person is no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- The person has to prove that you have ties such as a job, home, financial assets or family that prove you will be returning to your home country
- You will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- A person has enough money for your stay, which depends on where and how long you stay.
How long can you stay?
Almost all visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada. At the port of entry, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than six months, not more than six months. If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave in your passport. They might also give you a document, called a Visitor recorder, which will show the date you need to leave by and it is a clue for the visitor.
If you don’t get a stamp on your passport, you can stay for six months from the day you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. If you need a stamp, you can ask a border services officer for one.
Visitor visa before you apply;
You may need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. The entry document you need depends on:
- the type of travel document you plan to travel with
- the country that issued your travel document
- your nationality
- your method of travel to Canada for this trip
How to Extend a Canadian Visitor Visa?
If you’re currently in Canada and want to stay longer than your visa’s expiration date, you could file for an extension. To apply for an extension, you will need to fill out an IMM 5708 Form.
If your application to extend your stay in Canada is approved, you will receive a visitor record.
A visitor record:
- is a document that says how long you can stay in Canada
- includes an expiry date
- that’s the date that you must leave Canada by
A visitor record does not guarantee entry to Canada. If you plan to travel outside Canada or the United States, you need a valid entry document to return to Canada.